As a member of the community you will be kept up to date with relevant news relating to ICT in Irish education and updates on all TeachNet activities. This includes updates from the TeachNet Blog and TeachNet Podcasts to keep you informed on what’s happening in ICT for teaching and learning. Click here to join TeachNet.
Free Online Services for Teachers
As a TeachNet member, you will receive access to a range of free services (powered by Windows Live) including, email, blogging, online storage and Office Online.
On TeachNet, you can:
- Choose your own TeachNet email address: email@example.com with 10GB of storage.
- View, edit and share Office documents such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel for free with Office Live Web Apps.
- Store your documents and resources in a safe place using our SkyDrive with 25GB of free online storage.
- Coordinate schedules with your colleagues and friends using the shared calendars.
- Add people to your network and stay in touch more easily.
- Sync all of the above with any web-enabled mobile device.
Free Online Services for your School
TeachNet can provide these services for your whole staff so they can use these free tools for administration, communication and collaboration across the school. If you would like to set up a school account, click here.
Please Note: TeachNet membership is available to primary and post-primary teachers working in Department of Education and Skills recognised schools and those employed in related education agencies. Applicants are required to provide their Teacher Number and School Roll Number when completing the online application form. If you have you have any queries regarding eligibility, please don't hesitate to contact us.