The focus of this website is on Textiles, Fashion and Design at Leaving Certificate Level.
1) The project will explore contemporary clothing and fashion in society today.
2) It will look at social, economic and industrial influences on the design and construction of clothes in the work force.
3) It will evaluate current fashion trends to include colour, pattern and texture.
4) It will explore the manufacture of textiles in Ireland.
5) It will evaluate garments in relation to function, comfort and aesthetic appeal.
6) A garment will be designed and constructed using a commercial pattern. 7) The clothing and textile industry will be overviewed in Ireland.
What You Need
Projector. Computer. Microsoft Office. PowerPoint Printer Tasks printed out.
Leaving Certificate Home Economics Elective 2: Textiles, Fashion and Design
Author: Kathleen Tinnelly
- November 28, 2010