This project is aimed at the Irish Higher Level Junior Certificate German course. It could also be used in Transition Year or with an Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate class. The topic is travel and holidays, covering areas such as making reservations, booking accommodation, buying entrance tickets and visiting tourist sights and places. A cultural element could easily be included.
- making reservations;
- types of accommodation;
- making enquiries;
- types of tickets;
- entrance fees/tickets;
- sights and attractions;
What you need
Transition Year or Higher Level Junior Certificate class or good Ordinary Level class
- To teach students about learning German, using ICT.
- To encourage students to search and discover information for themselves rather than relying solely on the teacher.
- To show students that all the information is real and practical.
- To cover elements of the German Language Syllabus of the Irish Education system (e.g. making reservations; types of accommodation; making enquiries; transport; timetables; types of tickets; entrance fees/tickets; sights and attractions; dialogues).
- To enable teachers to use ICT without a substantial amount of prior knowledge.
- To show teachers how ICT as a teaching tool can be intregrated into the curriculum.
- November 21, 2010